Don`t have to look like supermodel to do great: Lady Gaga
London: Pop icon Lady Gaga has urged women worldwide to stop cribbing about their figures because people who achieve great do not have to look like supermodels.
The 27-year-old `Applause` hitmaker, who has suffered weight fluctuations throughout her career and has been criticised for being too thin or overweight, said that Nobel prize winners do not care about their looks to do great things, reported Contactmusic.
"I want to remind everyone that people who win Nobel Peace Prizes and cure diseases are not supermodels. Your legacy does not need to be a perception of beauty that`s not realistic," she said.
Being one of the most followed artists, she insisted she would still be wearing eccentric outfits and pushing the boundaries of pop.
"There`s this implication that if I wasn`t so successful I would have to stop. But I never would have stopped. I would be in some bar; being Lady Gaga," she said.
"I was in H&M the other day, looking around just to see the effect that Monster culture has had on street fashion. People used to say, `Who is this weird girl with her crazy outfits?`" added the singer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn