Gaurang Shah opens couture store in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Inspired by ancient Indian art of Jamdani weaves, award winning designer Gaurang Shah Friday opened his new couture store in upmarket Jubilee Hills here.
The store will showcase "ready to wear and practical" fashion clothing lines across women`s wear, accessories with about 100 new contemporary, traditional and bridal, Indo-western wear, completely hand-woven inspired by ancient Indian heritage like kanjeevarams instilled with classic kalamkaris and zardozi.
The store is set in a unique leisure ambience where customers can engage, interact and shop calmly, Shah said in a statement.
This is his first own label store branded as Gaurang in India showcasing what ancient India can offer to the world of high fashion.
"I have realised a dream to do what I love most and create what a woman likes to wear, hand-woven sarees in Khadi, silks and cotton, and even better, creating jobs for Indian handloom weavers and weaving the wonderful fabrics in a traditional way," he said in the statement.
The designer hopes to expand his label stores presence in other metro cities in the next two to three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH