Glam up ponytail the Natalie Portman way
London: Did you like actress Natalie Portman`s stylish hairstyle that she sported at the premiere of "Thor"? Here are the tips to follow similar style and pull it off in a classy way.
The actress was styled by celebrity hairstylist and Pantene Pro-V Global ambassador Danilo and he gives easy tips for making similar hairstyle.
"Natalie needed a simple, but contemporary and elegant hairstyle to really set off the dress. This is a no tricks look - sleek and effortless glamour," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Danilo as saying.
Here are the tips to follow:
- A healthy base is vital for this look. So ensuring your hair is in good condition is essential with a good haircare regime.
- On the day start with freshly washed hair or dampen hair with the Pantene Pro V Instant Nourishing Spray, misting through the hair in four sections - back, top and sides.
- For added nourishment, apply a light application of Pantene Pro-V Deep Moisture Souffle.
- If you tend to have frizz or split ends, apply an additional serum like the Expert Collection Keratin Repair Split End Fuser to the ends to help prevent frizz and give hair that sleek finish.
- To add texture to the pony, also apply a volumiser. This will act as a setting lotion to reinforce the bountiful shape.
- Blow dry the hair smooth, using a mixed bristle paddle brush.
-Then go over the hair with straighteners for a really smooth finish.
-Brush hair into desired position - Natalie`s is positioned mid-way to still allow some height.
- Then secure with a hooked elastic or hair-tie.
- Then splitting hair into four or five sections, spray the hair with hairspray and wrap around large tongs and pin to cool.
- Once cool, un-pin the hair and taking a very small section, wrap this around the base of the pony to cover the hair tie, pin in place and spray with hairspray to secure whilst adding shine.
- Then, spray the hair with hairspray and brush out the remaining pony tail. Finish and set the hair with a final spritz of hairspray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
- Anurag Kashyap's film honoured in South Korea
- Hilarious: 'Monsoon Song' aptly showcases all the things you feel about monsoons! - Watch
- 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' one of my favourite movies: Priyanka Chopra
- Karan Johar just revealed something interesting about 'Saifeena'! - Details inside
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic