I enjoy wearing dhoti, says Dhanush
Chennai: Tamil actor Dhanush, seen mostly in `dhoti` at public functions these days, Sunday said he enjoys wearing it because he swears by the traditional outfit.
"A lot of people have asked me why do I wear veshti (dhoti) to public functions? My answer to them always has been that I enjoy wearing it. And moreover I`m a Tamilian, and I swear by the traditional outfit `dhoti`," Dhanush, who came dressed in white dhoti-grey checked shirt for an event here, told reporters.
He was speaking at the audio launch of upcoming Tamil romantic-comedy "Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam", which is being directed by debutant Ponram. It features Sivakarthikeyan, Sathyaraj, Bindu Madhavi, Regina Cassandra and Soori in important roles.
Dhanush, currently basking in the success of his first Hindi movie "Raanjhanaa", is awaiting the release of Tamil romantic-drama "Mariyaan".
He is also busy shooting for Tamil comedy "Naiyaandi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Sidharth teaches IIT students 'Kaala chashma'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- Women have cheating nightmares while men fantasize about flying: Study
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly