I enjoy wearing dhoti, says Dhanush
Chennai: Tamil actor Dhanush, seen mostly in `dhoti` at public functions these days, Sunday said he enjoys wearing it because he swears by the traditional outfit.
"A lot of people have asked me why do I wear veshti (dhoti) to public functions? My answer to them always has been that I enjoy wearing it. And moreover I`m a Tamilian, and I swear by the traditional outfit `dhoti`," Dhanush, who came dressed in white dhoti-grey checked shirt for an event here, told reporters.
He was speaking at the audio launch of upcoming Tamil romantic-comedy "Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam", which is being directed by debutant Ponram. It features Sivakarthikeyan, Sathyaraj, Bindu Madhavi, Regina Cassandra and Soori in important roles.
Dhanush, currently basking in the success of his first Hindi movie "Raanjhanaa", is awaiting the release of Tamil romantic-drama "Mariyaan".
He is also busy shooting for Tamil comedy "Naiyaandi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Salman Khan needs to be taught a lesson, says Shiv Sena – Read more
- Banning films with Pakistan actors could result in losses for Indian cinema, says CBFC chief Nihalani
- MS Dhoni goes gaga over Sushant Singh Rajput's performance in his biopic
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn