I looked like my gay brother after shaving off hair: Anne Hathaway
London: ‘Les Miserables’ star Anne Hathaway was initially terrified to look in the mirror after cutting her hair but was comforted to see that she resembled her gay brother.
The 30-year-old actress, who chopped off her long brunette locks to play the role of Fantine in the film adaptation of Victor Hugo`s novel, said that her pixie cut makes her look more masculine, reported Daily Mail online.
"When I eventually looked in the mirror I just thought I looked like my gay brother," Hathaway said, during a New York screening of the movie.
The actress is very close to her brother and she had previously said that she, her sibling and entire family decided to break ties with the Catholic Church when her brother came out as a homosexual.
"The whole family converted to Episcopalianism after my elder brother came out. Why should I support an organisation that has a limited view of my beloved brother?" she had said.
Hathaway took on a complete physical transformation to play the character of Fantine, who is forced into prostitution to pay for the care of her young daughter.
The ‘Dark Knight Rises’ star threw herself wholeheartedly into the role and even lost 25 pounds in order to properly depict a member of the Nineteenth century French underclass. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Kaabil’: Bollywood hails film with ‘captivating storyline’
- Raees: Sunny Leone travels to Delhi by train, gets amazed by Shah Rukh Khan's stardom
- Jackie Chan opens up about his Bollywood plans
- Shahid Kapoor shares new still from ‘Rangoon’ and it is incredibly intense!
- Mahira Khan expresses desire to promote 'Raees' with Shah Rukh Khan
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan returns to stun you! Check out Femina cover PIC
- Deepika Padukone looks incredibly stunning on the cover of Filmfare!
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!
- Sonakshi Sinha talks about her fashion preferences, says she has individualistic style
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof