I loved suit Gangwani made for me: Jay Leno
New Delhi: Manav Gangwani is the latest Indian designer to add an international celebrity in his client list - he has designed an outfit for American comedian and ‘Tonight Show’ host Jay Leno who is all praise for the Indian wardrobe.
"I love the suit and so does my wife. I am grateful to Manav Gangwani for making me the outfit," said Leno.
Leno wore a classic ivory sherwani in a film, which he has made to show his love for India. In the movie, he talks about his love for Indian culture and tradition - from food, music, Bollywood to cars especially Tata Nano. He even had a troupe of dancers dressed in Indian attire dancing to a Bollywood number in it.
"It`s an absolute pleasure to be dressing Jay Leno for his India special episode! He has the most remarkable personality and I have particularly chosen outfits and colours that I think will compliment him," Gangwani said in a statement.
It took Gangwani and his team 24 hours to make the outfits at his Delhi boutique. The sherwani was selected from a number of designs submitted to Leno.
"Each of the garments are a true reflection of the Indian aesthetic and yet suited to modern day fashion. A perfect fusion of the East and West! It`s a wonderful opportunity and I am truly delighted," said Gangwani.
The film can be seen on www.JayLenosGarage.com.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'