I used to wear my dad`s shirts: Huma Qureshi
Mumbai: Actress Huma Qureshi has revealed that she may have turned fashionable nowadays, but she used to be a book lover during her school and college days and never worried about following trends.
"I love books. In fact, I was a geek in college and school. I became an actress by mistake," the 27-year-old told reporters Tuesday at the launch of debutante author Vibhor Tikiya`s book `Dada`.
"Now I have become fashionable, but initially I used to wear my dad`s shirts. In Delhi, I still have more books than clothes," added the `Gangs Of Wasseypur` actress.
Huma has a special fascination for biographies and seeks inspiration from them.
"Lots of books inspire me, especially autobiographies and biographies... whether it`s an athlete`s or an actor`s or an industrialist`s. If you read an autobiography you will find somewhere all stories are the same," Huma said.
"They are all human beings no matter which background or ethnicity they belong to. They somehow seem to have the same problems and demons they have to fight with," she added.
Huma is currently shooting for Vishal Bhardwaj`s production venture `Dedh Ishqiya`. Directed by Abhishek Chaubey, it stars Madhuri Dixit in the lead role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!