Indian fashion store to open in Pakistan
New Delhi: Indian multi-designer fashion house Karmik will open its first store in Lahore by August-end, giving fashionistas in Pakistan a chance to flaunt Indian creations by top designers like Rohit Bal, JJ Valaya, Anamika Khanna and Neeta Lulla.
The agreement was signed here between Pradeep Hirani, chief managing director, Karmik, and Sheikh Aftab Arshad, Asad Amin Sheikh, Asif Amin Sheikh of Arshadsons from Pakistan.
As part of this franchise deal with Lahore-based fashion retailer Arshadsons, Karmik plans to open six stores in cities such as Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad over the next three years. The estimated investment for this deal is around $3 million over three years.
"We feel that Pakistan is a brand conscious market and high quality products at reasonable prices are in great demand. Indian designers and garments are very popular in Pakistan; however, the only source of their availability is Dubai. We spotted this void between the demand and supply and hence, are bringing Karmik to Pakistan," Sheikh Aftab Arshad of Arshadsons, said in a statement.
Karmik has plans of expanding in other neighbouring countries too.
"The plan now is to take Karmik to other neighbouring countries like Nepal and Bangladesh, and to include few Pakistani and Dhaka designers to our repertoire of top Indian designers for Karmik," said Hirani.
In India, Karmik currently has 10 stores. It is aimed at expansion in the home country with plans for 12 more stores in immediate pipeline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics
- ‘Hottest woman in the world’ Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring on Maxim India Cover – See pic
- Mandira Bedi’s sexy bikini ‘saree’ will give you serious fashion goals – See pics
- Fawad Khan is conservative – Here’s why