India’s Srishti Rana crowned Miss Asia Pacific World 2013
Busan: Miss India runner-up Srishti Rana has won the coveted title of Miss Asia Pacific World 2013 in Korea, Wednesday.
"This is a dream come true! I am very proud of myself right now and still can't believe that I have won the crown," said the 21-year-old, who thanked god, family and friends, among others, soon after the victory in a statement.
This is the second time in a row that an Indian face has won the Miss Asia Pacific World crown. Last year, India's Himangini Singh Yadu won the same title.
A graduate in Bachelor in Journalism and Mass Communication, Srishti was crowned Wednesday in Korea by Himangini. Miriam George from Egypt and Evgenia Klishina from Kazakhstan were placed second and third in the pageant.
Apart from winning the crown, Srishti who was dressed in designer-duo Falguni and Shane Peacock's gown also won best national costume award depicting the national bird of India - peacock.
The 21 year-old is the fourth Indian, after Zeenat Aman, Dia Mirza and Himangini Singh Yadu, to win the crown.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic