It`s all about wearable fashion at LFW!
Mumbai: Designers Nikhil Thampi, Nishka Lulla and Nupur Kanoi presented fashionable yet wearable lines on the second day of Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) summer-resort 2013 here Saturday.
Popular anchor Shibani Dandekar, who was there to cheer the designers, was especially appreciative of the creations due to their wearability.
"I love the fact that all the clothes can translate from the runway into real life. They are all very wearable. Usually, Indian designers make their clothes very blingy, but here we saw three designers who didn`t," Shibani told the media post the show.
Nikhil Thampi`s line was "an ode" to noted American painter, sculptor and illustrator Richard Artschwager.
"His ideology inspired me a lot. I have tried to give him a tribute. I hope I did a fabulous job and that everyone enjoyed it," he said.
The line included jackets, trousers, long flowy tops and full-length gowns in colours like yellow, black and white.
"I believe in comfort. You will see long flowy silhouettes in most of my collections," he said.
Nishka Lulla`s collection reflected a Bohemian feel.
"My line is a transition from the last season. It follows the same story of a Bohemian girl, who likes to travel. I took inspiration from the dandelion flower, and there was a lot of transparent mix of fabric in the collection," she said.
The collection comprised long dresses, shirts, long jackets as well as shorts in soothing colours like blue, beige and light pink, to beat the heat this summer.
"I believe that style should be personal and comfortable. It is a very flexible collection and you can wear (these creations) in everyday life," she said.
Nupur Kanoi used a lot of metallic embellishments for her line, titled `Ladies and Gentlemen`.
"I used a lot of metallic to give a chic look. You will see a lot of detailing on the collars and sleeves. Metallic is generally considered evening wear and through this, I tried to put it into day wear and make it more casual," she said.
The line had a lot of safari suits, sight suits, Kurtas, short and sleeveless jackets, long skirts and dresses. Colours like gold, bronze and copper dominated the line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan finally reacts to daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai's purple lips at Cannes!
- There is a limit to everything, says Kiku Sharda on Tanmay Bhat's controversial video – Details inside
- Janice Dickinson looks extremely thin amid health crisis
- Do you know how mature your SOUL is? Find out here
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for