Jaya Misra`s new line an ode to modern bride
New Delhi: Designer Jaya Misra pays a tribute to the modern bride with her new collection, an eclectic mix of contemporary silhouettes with traditional embroidery.
Known for mixing traditional embroidery in contemporary cuts and silhouettes, the collection is an assortment of heavy bridal saris, draped saris, anarkali dresses, and flared lehengas with designer cholis.
"The collection is an eclectic mix of contemporary silhouettes with traditional embroidery. It is inspired by the thought that an Indian bride today strives to create an absolute balance among elegance, novelty and grandeur," the designer said in a statement.
"Fashion for her (the modern bride) is not a chase of the ever-changing trends of time, but it is the pursuit of her innate style statement," she added.
The embroidery is a blend of zardosi, aari work, sequin sheeting and kundan embroidery.
"The colour palatte is a fusion of rich tones in muted gold, midnight black, and cobalt blue, dreamy beige, scarlet red and burnt orange. Bling, shimmer and hand cut sequins are used to give a rich feel," said the designer.
The collection is available at various multi-designer outlets, Misra`s store in Kolkata with price on request.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!