Jaya Misra`s new line an ode to modern bride
New Delhi: Designer Jaya Misra pays a tribute to the modern bride with her new collection, an eclectic mix of contemporary silhouettes with traditional embroidery.
Known for mixing traditional embroidery in contemporary cuts and silhouettes, the collection is an assortment of heavy bridal saris, draped saris, anarkali dresses, and flared lehengas with designer cholis.
"The collection is an eclectic mix of contemporary silhouettes with traditional embroidery. It is inspired by the thought that an Indian bride today strives to create an absolute balance among elegance, novelty and grandeur," the designer said in a statement.
"Fashion for her (the modern bride) is not a chase of the ever-changing trends of time, but it is the pursuit of her innate style statement," she added.
The embroidery is a blend of zardosi, aari work, sequin sheeting and kundan embroidery.
"The colour palatte is a fusion of rich tones in muted gold, midnight black, and cobalt blue, dreamy beige, scarlet red and burnt orange. Bling, shimmer and hand cut sequins are used to give a rich feel," said the designer.
The collection is available at various multi-designer outlets, Misra`s store in Kolkata with price on request.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!