Madonna`s `Secret` inspires Harsh Gupta`s couture collection
New Delhi: Designer Harsh Gupta has come up with Christmas collection and says he has taken inspiration from pop star Madonna`s popular song - "Secret" - for the designs.
"For my autumn-winter 2014 collection, I took inspiration from the song `Secret` by Madonna," Gupta told IANS, and added that an inspiration is everything for an artist or a designer.
"It gives you required direction, be it mood, style, silhouette or interpretation. Inspiration is the guiding force behind every artist or designer`s work," he said.
The collection offers glamorous, high-end, cocktail evening dresses for modern confident women.
"I love the song and found it very captivating to portray the woman I wanted to show through the collection. I kept visualising a modern, feminine, confident, sultry and very attractive woman while conceptualising the styles for my 2014 couture collection," said Gupta.
For the apparels, Gupta indulged in fine fabrics like gazar silk, satin silk, silk-taffeta, single jersey lycra, silk-chiffon, georgette and brocade in range of colours such as mid-night blue, burgundy, bone-gray, brass-green, emily pink, daffodil yellow, black, copper and cadmium red.
The entire collection was put together in three months and Gupta says working on the collection was a memorable experience.
"We actually researched on some very innovative couture making techniques from Paris and followed some strict methods of couture cutting and sewing techniques while crafting the whole collection. It was truly a very memorable experience for me and my team," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Men increasingly availing salon services: Survey
- Priyanka Chopra shares moment of 'madness' with Hugh Jackman!
- When Chris Martin calls Katrina 'Katrina Kaif Kapoor'
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn