Miss India World 2013 ready to act, but no intimacy please!
New Delhi: She can dance but believes she can act better - Pond`s Femina Miss India World 2013 Navneet Kaur Dhillon is ready to follow in the footsteps of her predecessors and break into the acting world. She however says she won`t be comfortable with intimate scenes.
Dhillon is currently gearing up to compete at Miss World 2013 scheduled to be held near Jakarta Sep 28. While most past Miss India contestants chose to dance at the pageant`s talent round, the 20-year-old wants to do something different. Acting on stage is definitely on her mind.
"I dance, but I am not a professional dancer. I would rather act. I might go for a Charlie Chaplin act. It will be more about expressions and no words. It would be that or something on similar lines," Dhillon told reporters.
She wants to go with some prior training to make the act perfect.
"I shared my idea with the organisers and told them that I was more comfortable with acting, but without an expert, I won`t be able to do it on my own," she added.
Dhillon is trying her best to increase her chances of bringing back the coveted crown to the country after 12 years. Priyanka Chopra, now a successful National Award winning Bollywood actress, last won the Miss World pageant for India way back in 2000.
What about Bollywood plans?
"I would like to work with Ranbir Kapoor and Akshay Kumar," Dhillon said, but added: "I won`t be comfortable with intimate scenes."
For now, it`s not just acting skills that need to be polished. From makeup, fitness, diction and even her catwalk, Dhillon is being trained by some of the country`s leading names to put her best foot forward at the international platform.
Dhillon is aware of the importance of the right outfits and is sure she wants nothing blingy for the pageant.
"Bling is in fashion in India, but that`s not the case abroad. I will wear what looks best on me; so I would like to go for colours like red or electric blue instead of bling," she said. The rest, of course, depends on the organisers.
A winner of Pond`s Femina Miss Glowing Skin title, she is also taking good care of her skin, and believes excessive use of cosmetic products can spoil it.
"I don`t apply a lot of cosmetic products on my face. I prefer a no makeup look and drink a lot of water to keep my skin healthy," said the brand ambassador of Pond`s White Beauty BB+ Fairness cream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, other film stars express condolence over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!
- Narendra Modi making Nehru jacket fashionable again, believes Shantanu
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks incredibly gorgeous on the cover of Grazia India