Nitya Bajaj unveils new collection with Elli Avram
New Delhi: Designer Nitya Bajaj organized an evening soiree at Amsterdam Kitchen & Bar to unveil her latest collection, "Resurrect" with the Bollywood diva, Elli Avram.
Elli walked the ramp in a showstopper outfit from the collection. Designer Nitya Bajaj showcased her collection with Delhi`s socialites and fit mothers walking the ramp wearing the collection.
The show was a mother and child initiative where mothers of today showed that they are not less than models themselves. Pooja Gogia, Seema Diwan, & Jyotika Chhabra walked the ramp with their little ones who too were flaunting designs from Nitya`s kids wear line.
The eminent personalities who attended the events were Aamir Zakhir, Sylvie, Ayush Mehra, Rahil Tandon, Jyotika Chhabra, Rupam Malik, Pawan Sachdeva, Preeti Ghai, Ritu Singh & Romala Bachchan to name a few…
Angels depicted in the cathedral and the white arches in baroque carvings portray shades of white highlighted with floral embroidery and lacework. The pearl palette merges into shades of gold and copper with olive and ochre colors taken from the church frescos. These are depicted with intricate beadwork and sequins ending the collection in the palette of maroons and crimsons.
The entire collection celebrates femininity with alot of floral depictions in the collection in terms of threadwork, prints, digital printing and lacework. The collection also shares hints of transparency with fabric interplay by lace, tulle, georgettes, organzas and chiffons.
Speaking on the occasion Designer Nitya Bajaj says, “Fashion is an individual statement and a designer enhances that individuality with his/her signature. My label celebrates womanhood, the feminity, the elegance and the power of being a SHE.”
Inspired by the interiors of Kloster Catherdral in Germany, the collection celebrates the beauty of its amazing architecture, attractive frescos, marble and gilded gold walls. It is a hand trick as the light radiates inwards from several windows concealed behind a ledge, and the ceiling is in fact completely flat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Barack Obama has trouble recalling deaths on 'Game of Thrones'
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Will Jacqueline Fernandez do a sex comedy? Details inside
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics
- ‘Hottest woman in the world’ Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring on Maxim India Cover – See pic