Ritu Kumar showcases collection for young brides at RFW 2013
Jaipur: Designer Ritu Kumar left viewers mesmerized as she showcased her exclusive collection, featuring an ensemble for young brides, on day two of the ongoing Rajasthan Fashion Week (RFW) 2013 at the Fairmont here.
The auditorium, packed with socialites, industrialists, buyers and media, buzzed with cheers and applause as the models dazzled on the ramp. Ritu Kumar admitted that she has always taken inspiration from Rajasthan`s heritage for all her collections.
"This is my first time here. But I am familiar with the state`s fashion and culture. From the last 35 years, I have been implementing Rajasthan`s traditional handicraft and embroideries in my collections," she said.
The designer said she started working on the collection long back. It comprised free-flowing ethnic silhouettes ranging from anarkalis, saris and lehengas. Short embroidered jackets worn with bustiers and lehengas, palazzos accompanied with long jackets and lehangas won the hearts of fashionistas.
Every single outfit was crafted as piece of art using a variety of fabrics like raw silks, chiffons, brocades, georgettes, velvets, crepes. A lot of weaving techniques like block printing, tie and dye, applique work, zari, aari, resham, gold and silver embroidery, gota, zardozi and swarovskis were used. Resham work and designer laces also enhanced the look of the outfits.
A blend of traditional and contemporary elements, the collection was not only a tribute to the modern woman but also highlighted a royal lifestyle. Usage of shades like ivory, gold, silver, blacks, greens, orange, mustards, pink, red and blues worked wonders and left the audience spellbound.
"The collection is all classical. Lot of layering has also been done on the garments. Short jackets and palazzos are perfect for the pre-wedding or post-wedding functions. Also the collection is for the young brides who prefer silhouettes that make them look young, modern and beautiful," said Ritu Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH