Roberto Cavalli slammed for erasing Beyonce's curves in fashion sketches
Wellington: Sketches of Beyonce Knowles in a Roberto Cavalli multi-coloured dress has sparked outraged among some fans as the singer's voluptuous curves have been removed and an elongated version of her figure is used instead.
next leg of her 'The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour', on his official Facebook page along with a photo of the star in the finished creation, Stuff.co.nz reported.
On the Italian designer's Facebook page people have slammed him for portraying an "unrealistic ideal."
The Cavalli group has responded to Beyonce's fans by saying that the image of the gown created for the 31-year-old singer is a sketch and not a photo, and therefore it is only meant to be a stylised and artistic vision.
The statement added that Cavalli loves women and more than anyone else has always exalted and highlighted the female shape with his creations, building his signature style on the glorification of sensuality and femininity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ugadi 2017: Here’s how the Telugu, Kannada New Year is celebrated
- Kapil Sharma’s troubled ‘love story’ triggered fight on flight with Sunil Grover?
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 28 Update: Purab, Pragya get hold of crucial evidence against Tanu
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh slams Kamya Punjabi, calls short film on late actress ‘bogus’
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- Kriti Sanon looks fab on Vogue cover!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW