Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone add glamour to DCW finale
New Delhi:`Chennai Express` actors Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone added star value to designer Manish Malhotra`s grand finale show at the Delhi Couture Week 2013 (DCW). The show reflected architecture of the 1930s, with resplendent embroidery on women`s bridal wear.
Deepika `towered` above all others in an exquisite deep blue lehenga, which was heavily embroidered in gold and silver thread. In a neat hairdo and an eye-catching neckpiece, the actress definitely made a statement on the ramp, flaunting her perfect midriff at the show Sunday night.
Shah Rukh was as charming as ever and he looked suave in a stylish black suit as he sauntered down the ramp with Deepika and his designer friend Manish Malhotra in tow.
Malhotra`s collection was inspired by the 1930s era.
Talking about it, he said: "My collection is inspired by architecture, particularly from 1930s era, when luxury was celebrated in the most refined form.
"While designing this collection, I could imagine a `maharani` dressed in a layered lehenga-ensemble, embellished with antique gold, walking down a corridor with her entourage."
DCW, a five-day extravaganza, was organised by the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI). It featured designs by some of the country`s topmost designers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show