Sonam, Sonakshi to walk the ramp at India Intl Jewellery Week
Mumbai: Several Bollywood beauties including Sonakshi Sinha, Kangana Ranaut and Sonam Kapoor will take to the runway at the upcoming India International Jewellery Week (IIJW) here.
The fourth edition of India International Jewellery Week 2013 (IIJW) by Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC), presented by Gemological Institute of America (GIA) will be held at a suburban five star hotel from August 4-8.
The day one of IIJW, commences with GJEPC brand ambassador and fashionista Sonam inaugurating the event. This will be followed by `Beti`, a show by Gitanjali Gems, with Sonakshi, Imran Khan and 20 television celebrities.
"They (Sonakshi and Imran) are coming as a part of their upcoming film `Once Upon A Time in Mumbai Dobaara` which we are associating with. It is more important that we have a right celebrity showstopper so that they can match the brand. To have them is a positive rub off to the show as well as the brand," Mehul Choksi, Chairman and Manging Director, Gitanjali Group told PTI.
"We are doing two shows at IIJW this year. Our first show titled "Gitanjali and Gr8 presents Beti" is a show for a cause. Second show "Gitanjali presents the Wedding Extravaganza" will be showcasing latest wedding collections from Nizam - a brand with a royal touch," he said.
Followed by Mughda Ghodse (for Apala by Sumit), Amrita Rao and Mahima Chowdhary will be walking the ramp for Agni Jewels in association with Swarvoski and Shobha Shringar Jewellers respectively.
Day two will see South actors Rana Dagubaatti and Tapsi Panu wearing the collection of Moni Agarwal. Neha Dhupia will be seen donning the jewelry for Gitanjali Gems. Newbie Alia Bhatt will be seen promoting Pallavi Folley inassociation with Abharan Jewellers creation. The surprise factor is Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar walking the ramp for Goelcha Jewels.
Also seen sporting beautiful jewelry will be Aditi Rao Hydari and Sushmita Sen for Dipti Amisha and Charu Jewels respectively. Karisma Kapoor will sashay down the ramp for Kays Jewels and Sonal Chauhan for Kashi Jewelers.
"Our collection created by Mrs Vijaya Kapoor and her team of designers is inspired by seven colours of rainbow. All the three collections -- diamond and colour stone, polki diamonds, designer gold are inspired by this theme only. There is beautiful splashing of all these colors in our collection," said Ravi Kapoor, owner of Kays Jewels.
"She (Karisma) is the only who can do justice with this beautifully crafted jewellery. As she has grown in age and has matured into a gorgeous woman," he said.
Kangana Ranaut, Vidyut Jamwal and Ila Arun will be displaying striking collection for Birdhichand Ghnashyamdas Jewelers.
For the grand finale Bollywood beauties Sonam Kapoor and Chitrangada Singh will adorn several stunning jewellery pieces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- 'Udta Punjab' Box Office collection: Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt starrer crosses Rs 50 crore mark!
- Top 5 signs that your boyfriend is too controlling!
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics
- ‘Hottest woman in the world’ Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring on Maxim India Cover – See pic
- Mandira Bedi’s sexy bikini ‘saree’ will give you serious fashion goals – See pics
- Fawad Khan is conservative – Here’s why