SRK, Rohit behind my lungi look in `Chennai Express`: Deepika Padukone
New Delhi: Hopefully, Deepika Padukone`s `lungi` and shirt look from `Chennai Express` posters does not spark a trend but it has certainly made everyone do a double take.
The actress reveals that film`s lead actor Shah Rukh Khan and director Rohit Shetty came up with the idea to dress her in a `lungi`.
"That`s something new and I hope it works," says Deepika about her look.
"The idea to wear a `lungi` is not mine actually. It was Shah Rukh and Rohit who came up with it. We had to quickly do a photoshoot because we were losing the light. They were like `Why don`t we give her this `lungi` and make her look modern`. The shirt that I am wearing in the posters also belongs to SRK, only the sunglasses are mine," the actress told reporters.
The potboiler, which reunites Deepika with SRK onscreen after her debut in `Om Shanti Om`, is slated to release this year.
Deepika, fresh from the success of `Race 2`, is looking forward to back-to-back releases this year.
"It has been a good year but my next next six months are very demanding in terms of my schedule. I hope all the hard work pays. I have `Chennai Express` and `Kochadaiyaan` with Rajini (Rajinikanth) sir is also ready for release," says Deepika.
She has two other films --`Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani`, her film will Ranbik Kapoor and Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s `Ram Leela`.
There were reports that she may star in Salman Khan`s `Kick` but the actress denies it.
"That`s all speculation. It probably stems from the fact that I had expressed a desire to work with Salman Khan. Maybe these stories are coming from there. There is nothing concrete on that film yet."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!