WIFW 2014: Nida Mahmood`s show dedicated to 100 years of Indian cinema
New Delhi: The third show of the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring Summer 2014 displayed a technique rich collection and a range dedicated to 100 years of cinema.
Designer Nachiket Barve presented his collection Fossil for spring-summer season in which immaculate applique of fabric, intricate beadwork were used for the range.
Tones of oatmeal, ivory, beige and old rose made silk, chiffon, georgette and cotton garments looked summer friendly.
"My collection is refreshing for me. It is rich in technique but extremely light to wear," Nachiket told reporters here on day one of the five-day fashion event.
When models in designer Nida Mahmood`s spring-summer collection sashayed on the ramp, it offered a Bollywood feel to the audience. Thanks to mix of popular Bollywood dialogues from movie `Sholay` with instrumental foot tapping tracks, and few portions of `Don` theme song.
Her Bombay Bioscope range had semi-formal look. While there were three-fourth pants with full-sleeves in fabrics like cotton and georgette, there were hot pants with kurtis. Saris with collared blouse and jeans were also interesting.
"It is an ode to 100 years of cinema. Film stars epitomise characters that live forever," Nida said after her show.
The masks worn sideways were also inspired by Bollywood actors like Salman Khan, Amrish Puri and Amitabh Bachchan. The same could be said about big bags.
There were metallic dresses too which have futuristic look.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how