Zoe Saldana dyed her hair with rum
Los Angeles: Actress Zoe Saldana says her mother used to dye her hair with rum.
She says her mother liked to use natural products and alternatives to chemicals. But the odd technique worked. In fact, it helps set the movie beauty apart from her friends in the Dominican Republic.
"I would soak my ends with rum and then I would go and play volleyball in the sun... and I remember one time my neighbour came by, I guess to check up on us... and she called up my mom and said, `Listen to me, I went to check up on the girls and Zoe smelled like alcohol`," contactmusic.com quoted the 35-year-old as saying.
"It worked. It (rum) would bleach it. It would go really auburny (sic) and sometimes really light," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH