Zoe Saldana dyed her hair with rum
Los Angeles: Actress Zoe Saldana says her mother used to dye her hair with rum.
She says her mother liked to use natural products and alternatives to chemicals. But the odd technique worked. In fact, it helps set the movie beauty apart from her friends in the Dominican Republic.
"I would soak my ends with rum and then I would go and play volleyball in the sun... and I remember one time my neighbour came by, I guess to check up on us... and she called up my mom and said, `Listen to me, I went to check up on the girls and Zoe smelled like alcohol`," contactmusic.com quoted the 35-year-old as saying.
"It worked. It (rum) would bleach it. It would go really auburny (sic) and sometimes really light," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn