Navratri special recipe: Saboodana Vadaa
Saboodana vadaas are tasty and very easy to make.
1) Potato - 1, boiled, peeled and mashed.
2) Green Chillies - 8-10 (crushed).
3) Sago - 1 Cup.
4) Peanuts - 1/2 cup, roasted and crushed crudely.
5) Rock salt (for taste)
6) Oil (to deep fry)
1) Wash Sago properly and drain the surplus water. Soak it for about 3 hours.
2) Next, add all the ingredients to Sago except oil. Blend it all into a paste.
3) In the deep frying pan, heat the oil.
4) Moist your hands and make small ball shaped moulds out of the paste you have made. Slip these into the heated oil on medium flame.
5) Keep frying the balls till they turn crisp and light brown. Drain them well using a sieve ladle. Serve with badaam chutney.