Try this mouthwatering snack this New Year's eve.
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms (large)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp finely choppedonion
- 1/2 cup pomegranate (peeled)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Clean mushrooms and carefully break off stems. Finely chop the stems after discarding the tough end.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, chopped onions and chopped mushroom stems to the hot oil. Fry until all the moisture has disappeared.
- After the garlic,onion and mushroom mixture has cooled add shredded cheese, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Mix in the pomegranate seeds carefully without breaking the soft skin.
- Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until mushrooms caps have browned and start to give out moisture.
- Decorate with a few pomegranate seeds and oregano leaves (optional)