Recipe Banana Payasam
2 large ripe Bananas
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup powdered Jaggery (Gur)
1/2 tsp Cardamom (Ilaichi)
2 pinch Saffron (Kesar)
3 tsp clarified butter (Ghee)
Chopped Almonds, Cashew nuts and Raisins
How to make Banana Payasam:
Heat a the butter in a pan, roast the sliced dry fruits along with raisins and keep it aside
Now, mash the ripened bananas by hand so as to form a rough paste.
Heat some more butter in a pan and allow it to melt.
Add the banana paste to it and fry till it turns slightly brownish.
Add jaggery to it and keep mixing properly till the jaggery is uniformly mixed. Add milk and water to it and simmer and allow it to cook.
Put saffron to the payasam and bring it to boil.
Add cardamom powder and roasted dry fruits to it.
Mix the contents properly and bring the mixture to boil in order to enhance the flavour by increasing the heat.
Cook the food for a couple of minutes and then turn off the flame.
(Pic courtesy: Indobase recipes)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'