Recipe: Coconut Barfi
Coconut – 1 or 2 cups of scraped coconut shreds
Water – 2 cups
Milk – 2 tablespoon
Sugar – 1-1/2 cups
Cardamoms – 6, finely powdered
Ghee – 3 tablespoons, melted
How to make
Heat a pan, add the coconut shreds and fry gently over low flame.
When the coconut milk moisture is somewhat reduced, remove it from flame.
Now in a separate vessel, boil water over moderate heat.
When the water starts boiling, add sugar and keep on stirring till the mixture boils.
Add milk to the boiling sugar syrup.
When the sugar syrup takes a thick syrupy form, add the fried coconut shreds to it.
Stir constantly till the coconut and sugar syrup are blended well together.
Now add ghee and cardamom powder.
Stir till the mixture looks thick, remove from the heat and pour into a ghee-smeared table or plate.
Flatten the surface evenly.
When the mixture turns cold, cut it into squares or diamond shape and serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan to debut as tiger ambassador on Tuesday
- Jenner-Kardashian women grace Cosmopolitan's cover
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' will be super duper hit: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- See in pics: Varun Dhawan's 'Dilwale' diaries!