Ingredients (8 Portions):
1. 0.75 Lit veg stock
2. 1.5 teaspoon salt
3. 400 gms pumpkin puree
4. 1 table spoon fresh chopped parsley
5. 75 gms chopped onions
6. ½ tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
7. 1 clove garlic mince
8. 100 ml of fresh cream
9. 5no. of whole black pepper corn
1. Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
2. Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
3. Return to pan, and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in heavy cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
(The following recipe has been shared by Chef Vijay David from Grand Mercure, Bangalore)