Recipe: Dahi Vada
• 3 Cups Fresh Curd
• 1 Cup Urad dal
• 1/4 Cup Moong dal
• Pinch of Asafoetida
• 1 Green Chili (finely chopped)
• 2 tsp Cumin Seed (roasted and grounded)
• 1 tsp Chili Pepper
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• 6 tsp Sweet Tamarind Chutney
• Coriander leaves (chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Oil to fry
How to make
Wash and soak the two dals overnight in water.
Drain out excess water.
Add asafoetida, salt and green chilli.
Grind to make a thick batter, beat till fluffy.
Now heat oil in a large frying pan.
Add spoonfuls of dal batter in oil and fry until turned golden brown. Remove excess oil.
Drop the hot vadas in a cold water bowl and leave for about 3-4 minutes.
Take each vada out from water, squeeze and set aside. Now add garam masala, pepper and salt in beaten curd.
Pour curd mixture over vadas, placed on a deep bottomed dish.
Sprinkle with roasted cumin powder and chopped coriander leaves.
Dahi Vada is ready to serve with sweet tamarind chutney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sharmila Tagore, Deepa Mehta among Oscar Academy's new members
- Viral video: Kapil Sharma’s take on ‘Angrezipanti’ will make you respect your mother tongue even more
- Ramayana had another heroine besides SITA – Know more about her contributions
- Pakistani TV actor shot in Karachi
- 'Deadpool 2' to go on floors early 2017