Recipe: Damni Dhokla
This nutritious recipe is a good snack item. Can be served with tea.
1/4 cup chana dal (split bengal gram)
1/4 cup masoor dal (split red lentil)
1/4 cup urad dal (split black lentils)
1/4 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
3/4 cup par-boiled rice (ukda chawal)
1 cup sour curds (khatta dahi)
1 tbsp methia keri sambhaar
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 cup grated jaggery (gur)
salt to taste
1 tsp fruit salt
1/2 cup boiled kala chana (brown chick peas)
12-16 small almond leaves or
banana leaves (kele ka patta) (cut into small squares)
Combine all the dals and rice together and wash well. Drain and keep aside.
Dry on a kitchen towel and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
Add the sour curds and approximately ½ cup of water and mix well to make a thick batter. Cover and keep aside to ferment for 4 to 6 hours.
Add the methia keri sambhaar, chilli powder, jaggery and salt and mix well.
Just before steaming add the fruit salt and add 2 tsp of water over it.
When the bubbles form, mix gently. Keep aside.
Roll each leaf to make a small cone and secure the edges using a tooth pick.
Place a few boiled chanas in each cone and then pour a spoonful of batter into each leaf cone and steam for 10-12 minutes. Serve hot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490