Recipe: Egg and Ginger Fried Rice
Try this simple dish on a day when you don’t feel like cooking an elaborate meal.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, chopped
3/4 inch piece fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
1 cup cooked long-grain rice
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 tbsp soy sauce
Ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a wok and cook the scallions, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes. Crack in the egg and scramble with a chopstick for a couple of minutes until just set.
Stir in the rice and peas and continue to cook for a further 4 minutes until piping hot.
Season with soy sauce and a few twists of black pepper and serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled