Check out this Janmashtami special Kalakand recipe right away.
2 litres Milk
1/2 to 3/4 cup Sugar
Chopped nuts to decorate (pista, almonds)
Silver foil (optional)
1/2 tsp. Citric acid dissolved in 1/2 cup water
Boil half the milk and add the citric solution as it comes to boil.
Switch off the gas. Once the chenna settles sieve through muslin cloth, press out excess water, take it in a plate and press down.
Do not knead.
Put the remaining milk in a heavy pan and boil to half.
Add chenna and boil till the mixture thickens.
Stir continuously. Add sugar and continue to cook.
Stir all the while till it softly thickens in a lump.
Set in a tray, apply silver foil and sprinkle the chopped nuts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside