Ingredients (2 Portions)
1. 50gms chocolate, minimum 70% cacao
2. 50gms unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
3. 1 egg
4. 1 egg yolk
5. 60gms caster sugar
6. 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
7. 50gms plain flour
8. 20 gms chocolate sponge crumbs
1. Heat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Break the chocolate into squares and melt it with the butter in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Take off the heat and leave to cool.
3. Whisk the egg, egg yolk and sugar with a whisk until well mixed.
4. Butter 2 baking mould. Dust well with the cocoa powder, and then shake off any excess.
5. Whisk the cooled chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar mixture.
6. Sift the flour and sponge crumbs over the mixture, then fold in. Divide between the 2 baking moulds.
7. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. Run a knife around the edge of each cake and turn out onto plates.
(The following recipe has been shared by Chef Vijay David from Grand Mercure, Bangalore)