Recipe: Yakhni Pulao
Traditional Pulao at its best!
Chicken, cut into 2 inch pieces, 600 grams
Basmati rice, soaked, 1 1/2 cups
Oil, 2 tablespoons
Black cardamoms, 4
Star anise, 1
Green cardamoms, 4-5
Cinnamon, 2 one-inch sticks
Bay leaves, 4
Black peppercorns, 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
Deep fried onions, 1/2 cup
Ginger-garlic paste, 1 tablespoon
Coriander seeds, 2 tablespoons
Fennel seeds (saunf), 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon
Chicken stock cubes, 2
Yogurt, 1/2 cup
Salt, to taste
Heat oil in a deep non stick pan.
Add cloves, black cardamoms, star anise, green cardamoms, cinnamon and sauté till fragrant.
Add 2 bay leaves and 1 tbsp black peppercorns and sauté for a minute.
Add chicken, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes. Add deep-fried onions, ginger-garlic paste and sauté.
Add approximately 4 cups of hot water and mix.
Tie coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, 2 bay leaves and remaining black peppercorns in a muslin cloth and add it to the chicken.
Add chicken stock cubes, yogurt, salt and rice and mix well.
Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or till both rice and chicken are cooked.
Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Censor Board rejects Sunny Leone's 'Mastizade' over obscenity
- Why did Deepika Padukone invite Ranbir, Katrina to `Piku` success party?
- Watch: First song from 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan', the peppy 'Selfie Le Le Re'
- Maggi controversy: Amitabh Bachchan may face protest in Odisha on June 5
- Rajkumar Hirani wants to direct Amitabh Bachchan