`300: Rise of an Empire` tops box office with USD 45 million
Los Angeles: Flashy Greek war drama `300: Rise of an Empire` earned the number one spot at the domestic box office with its USD 45 million opening weekend.
The film, a sequel to `300` and starring Eva Green faught off competition from `Mr Peabody & Sherman`, which came second with USD 32 million.
The two opening films forced the Liam Neeson thriller `Non-Stop` into the third spot from its top position. The film earned USD 15.3 million.
`The Lego Movie` came fourth by earning USD 11 million, beating out the Bible epic `Son of God` which came fifth in its second week with USD 9.7 million.
But the most surprising box office release belonged to Wes Anderson`s `The Grand Budapest Hotel` which earned an estimated USD 800,000 from four theaters, becoming one of the best special openings evers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui lauds Oscars, slams Bollywood awards for ignoring Om Puri