`The Bourne Legacy` tops weekend box office with $40.3m opening
New York: Jeremy Renner’s action tale ‘The Bourne Legacy’ took over ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ as the number one movie at the weekend box office with a 40.3-million-dollar debut.
Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis’ political comedy ‘The Campaign’ opened at number two with 27.4 million dollars, a leading daily has reported.
The new movies pushed ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ down to third place with 19.5 million dollars, raising the superhero blockbuster’s three-week domestic total to 390.1 million dollars.
The weekend’s other new wide release, Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones’ marital comic drama ‘Hope Springs’, opened at number four with 15.6 million dollars.
‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days’ rounded off the top five with 8.2 million dollars.
The top 5 movies at the weekend box office were:
1. The Bourne Legacy - 40.3 million dollars
2. The Campaign - 27.4 million dollars
3. The Dark Knight Rises - 19.5 million dollars
4. Hope Springs - 15.6 million dollars
5. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days - 8.2 million dollars