`The Conjuring` tops box office weekend chart with $41.5m
Sydney: Warner Bros` horror movie `The Conjuring` opened up at first place at US weekend box office with earnings amounting to 41.5-million-dollars, according to studio estimates.
The Vera Farmiga, Lili Taylor, Patrick Wilson and Ron Livingston starrer displaced three-week box-office champ, `Despicable Me 2,` which dropped to second place with 25-million-dollar-earning, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.
Fox`s animated offering `Turbo,` opened with 21.5 million dollar, which was good enough for only third place.
The top box office grosser are:
1. ` The Conjuring,` - 41.5 million dollars
2. ` Despicable Me 2,` - 25 million dollars
3. `Turbo,` - 21.5 million dollars
4. `Grown Ups 2,` 20 million dollars
5. `Red 2,` - 18.5 million dollars
6. `Pacific Rim,` - 15.95 million dollars
7. `R.I.P.D.,` - 12.76 million dollars
8. `The Heat,` - 9.3 million dollars
9. `World War Z,` - 5.2 million dollars
10. `Monsters University,` - 5 million dollars
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!