`The Conjuring` tops box office weekend chart with $41.5m
Sydney: Warner Bros` horror movie `The Conjuring` opened up at first place at US weekend box office with earnings amounting to 41.5-million-dollars, according to studio estimates.
The Vera Farmiga, Lili Taylor, Patrick Wilson and Ron Livingston starrer displaced three-week box-office champ, `Despicable Me 2,` which dropped to second place with 25-million-dollar-earning, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.
Fox`s animated offering `Turbo,` opened with 21.5 million dollar, which was good enough for only third place.
The top box office grosser are:
1. ` The Conjuring,` - 41.5 million dollars
2. ` Despicable Me 2,` - 25 million dollars
3. `Turbo,` - 21.5 million dollars
4. `Grown Ups 2,` 20 million dollars
5. `Red 2,` - 18.5 million dollars
6. `Pacific Rim,` - 15.95 million dollars
7. `R.I.P.D.,` - 12.76 million dollars
8. `The Heat,` - 9.3 million dollars
9. `World War Z,` - 5.2 million dollars
10. `Monsters University,` - 5 million dollars