Amanda Knox’s lawyers to fight Hayden Panettiere flick
London: Convicted murderer Amanda Knox’s lawyers are reportedly trying to stop an upcoming film starring Hayden Panettiere.
Executives at America’s Lifetime network revealed that the ‘Heroes’ actress has signed up to appear in The Amanda Knox Story, based on the 21 year old`s sensational Italian murder trial over the brutal killing of her roommate.
Meredith Kercher was killed during a violent night fuelled by sex and drugs in 2007 and Knox has been sentenced to 26 years in prison for slashing her friend’s throat with a knife.
Knox is challenging the guilty verdict and her lawyers are adamant movie bosses should not be allowed to take her story to Hollywood until the outcome of the appeal is heard.
"It is inconceivable to make a film when a final verdict on this case has not been reached," the Daily Star quoted Maria Del Grosso, Knox’s attorney, as saying.
"If the film is shown before the end of the appeals trial we will request it be seized (by authorities)," adds Giulia Bongiorno, a lawyer representing Knox’s ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, who was also convicted of Kercher`s murder.
Both their appeals are to go to court later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'