Anil Ambani walks Oscar red carpet, his `The Help` gets statuette
Los Angeles: Reliance Group chairman Anil Ambani walked the red carpet at the 84th Academy Awards at the Kodak Theater here Sunday, where three films produced by DreamWorks Studios, his co-venture with Steven Speilberg, were nominated for 11 Oscars.
Among the 11 nominations, Octavia Spencer fetched the Oscar for best supporting actress for her performance in "The Help". Spencer was honoured with the golden statuette for her portrayal of big-mouthed maid Minny in 'The Help'.
Other than `The Help`, two other films of Reliance DreamWorks - `War Horse` and `Real Steel` - were nominated for various categories. `War Horse` and `The Help` were in the fray for best film award, which went to black and white silent film `The Artist`.
`War Horse` was also nominated for sound editing, sound mixing, original score, art direction and cinematography.
While `The Help`, directed by Tate Tylor, featured in the nomination line-up for best actress (Viola Davis) and best supporting actress (Jessica Chastain and Spencer), apart from the best picture category.
Hugh Jackman-starrer sci-fi thriller `Real Steel` had one nomination for best achievement in visual effects. But the award went to `Hugo`.
Ambani, who owns a 51 percent stake at DreamWorks Studios, attended the glittering event with his partners Spielberg and Stacey Snider.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop