Ben Affleck will do fine as Batman: Gary Oldman
Los Angeles: Actor Gary Oldman, who played Police Commissioner Jim Gordon in Christopher Nolan`s Batman trilogy, is confident Ben Affleck will do fine in the role of the Caped Crusader.
Affleck`s casting as the new Batman had attracted lot of negative comments from the comic hero`s fans.
Oldman admits that it is a challenge to top Christian Bale`s performance as Batman but says he is looking forward to Affleck`s portrayal of the iconic hero in the `Man of Steel` sequel `Superman/Batman`, reportedly.
"He`s got a hard cowl to climb into because I thought Christian had made such a signature on it. But Ben is a wonderful actor, so I`m intrigued to see what he does," Oldman said.
Oldman did advise Affleck not to pay attention to the fans outcry over his casting.
"All that stuff is always crazy. If you listen to the fans all the time we wouldn`t have remade Robocop,no one would have made Batman. Ben will do fine. I think he`ll do fine," Oldman said.
The actor is currently starring in `Robcop` reboot where he plays the role of Robcop creator Dr Dennett Norton.
Oldman recalled the first time he saw the original 1987 movie.
"I remember it being sort of sci-fi horror. There were a lot of heads rolling around with a lot of blood and guts and all that kind of stuff. I thought it was cool," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!