Ben Affleck will do fine as Batman: Gary Oldman
Los Angeles: Actor Gary Oldman, who played Police Commissioner Jim Gordon in Christopher Nolan`s Batman trilogy, is confident Ben Affleck will do fine in the role of the Caped Crusader.
Affleck`s casting as the new Batman had attracted lot of negative comments from the comic hero`s fans.
Oldman admits that it is a challenge to top Christian Bale`s performance as Batman but says he is looking forward to Affleck`s portrayal of the iconic hero in the `Man of Steel` sequel `Superman/Batman`, reportedly.
"He`s got a hard cowl to climb into because I thought Christian had made such a signature on it. But Ben is a wonderful actor, so I`m intrigued to see what he does," Oldman said.
Oldman did advise Affleck not to pay attention to the fans outcry over his casting.
"All that stuff is always crazy. If you listen to the fans all the time we wouldn`t have remade Robocop,no one would have made Batman. Ben will do fine. I think he`ll do fine," Oldman said.
The actor is currently starring in `Robcop` reboot where he plays the role of Robcop creator Dr Dennett Norton.
Oldman recalled the first time he saw the original 1987 movie.
"I remember it being sort of sci-fi horror. There were a lot of heads rolling around with a lot of blood and guts and all that kind of stuff. I thought it was cool," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' a world-class film: Anil Kapoor
- Every single child is unique: Priyanka Chopra
- Salman Khan to attend sister's reception in Himachal
- 'Andaaz' clocks 12 years; Priyanka, Lara nostalgic
- Dwayne Johnson sets selfie world record
- HC's interim stay on release of film 'Phir Se'
- Susan Sarandon inaugurates homes for Nepal quake survivors
- Farhan Khan puts vanilla icecream face pack to coax pet dog to lick
- Celebrities shows support for Ireland's vote for same sex marriage
- John Stamos 'heartbroken'
- 'Beautiful Mind' John Nash dies in car crash
- John Stamos 'heartbroken'
- Selena Gomez eyeing reality show with Kris Jenner
- Bruce Greenwood joins 'American Crime Story'
- Stamos sad that Olsen twins won't return for 'Fuller House'
- Puneet Issar approached for 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
- Excited that 'Dr Who' is finally in India: Steven Moffat
- Matthew Goode leaving 'The Good Wife'
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Time has come to quit 'Doctors': Ian Kelsey
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened