Christian Bale suffered herniated disc for `American Hustle` role
Los Angeles: Actor Christian Bale suffered a herniated disc after gaining 43 pounds for his role in “American Hustle”.
The 40-year-old gained weight to portray overweight conman Irving Rosenfeld in the film, but admits his “age has become an obstacle when it comes to gaining and losing weight for roles”, reports contactmusic.com.
For “American Hustle”, the actor injured his back by perfecting his character`s hunched posture. He has bagged an Oscar nomination for his role in the film
Director David O. Russell tells a leading daily, "At one point I said enough already. He lost three inches of height, and even got a herniated disc.
He`s a quiet, sweet, smart person with endless passion..."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop