Gerard Butler in talks for `Point Break` remake
Los Angeles: `PS I Love You` star Gerard Butler is in final negotiations to star in the remake of `Point Break`.
The 44-year-old actor is eyeing Patrick Swayze`s role in the reworking of the 1991 Kathryn Bigelow-directed film, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
As in the original, the film will centre around an FBI agent who infiltrates a criminal ring hidden inside the world of Southern California extreme sports.
Butler will take on Swayze`s Bodhi, who seeks nirvana by living on the edge, and is responsible for inducting the undercover agent Johnny Utah into the criminal circle.
`The Fast and the Furious` and `Daredevil` cinematographer Ericson Core will direct `Point Break` from Kurt Wimmer`s new script.
Butler was seen last year in `Olympus Has Fallen` and is in line for the sequel `London Has Fallen`. He will also star in the upcoming `Gods of Egypt`.
`Point Break` is yet to announce any other castings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?