Gerard Butler in talks for `Point Break` remake
Los Angeles: `PS I Love You` star Gerard Butler is in final negotiations to star in the remake of `Point Break`.
The 44-year-old actor is eyeing Patrick Swayze`s role in the reworking of the 1991 Kathryn Bigelow-directed film, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
As in the original, the film will centre around an FBI agent who infiltrates a criminal ring hidden inside the world of Southern California extreme sports.
Butler will take on Swayze`s Bodhi, who seeks nirvana by living on the edge, and is responsible for inducting the undercover agent Johnny Utah into the criminal circle.
`The Fast and the Furious` and `Daredevil` cinematographer Ericson Core will direct `Point Break` from Kurt Wimmer`s new script.
Butler was seen last year in `Olympus Has Fallen` and is in line for the sequel `London Has Fallen`. He will also star in the upcoming `Gods of Egypt`.
`Point Break` is yet to announce any other castings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah