Kristen Stewart turns down Lois Lane role in ‘Superman’
New York: Kristen Stewart has reportedly turned down an offer from Director Zack Snyder to play the role of Lois Lane in the new ‘Superman’ reboot.
According to a source close to Zack Snyder, director of the upcoming ‘Superman: Man of Steel,’ Stewart recently met with the filmmaker and his wife, Deborah.
A source said that although the director was interested in offering her the part, the ‘Twilight’ star turned it down.
The source said, “was "caught off guard" by the success of that film franchise and wasn`t ready to leap into a similar situation just yet,” reports the New York Daily News.
Instead, the source said, Stewart professed an interest in "smaller, independent films." (Stewart`s spokeswoman said only that she "did not read for the part" and declined to elaborate.)
The source added that Stewart’s response made him feel ‘slighted’.
Another insider close to the actress says she hasn`t ruled out the title role in director Rupert Sanders` ‘Snow White and the Huntsman,’ which is to begin filming this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Herry Tangiri shed 15 kg to play Yuvraj Singh in the biopic 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story'!
- Pakistani film industry may suffer 70% loss if Indo-Pak ties worsen
- 'Tum Bin 2' not a sequel: Anubhav Sinha
- Madhur Bhandarkar's next against backdrop of 1975 emergency!