Om Puri goes down on his knees for Helen Mirren
Mumbai: Veteran actor Om Puri, who shot with Helen Mirren in the French town of Albi for Swedish director Lasse Hallstrom’s ‘The Hundred Foot Journey’, says he was very impressed by the location and his lovely leading lady - and even went down on his knees for her.
"I rented my own apartment in Albi where I did my own cooking. When Helen Mirren arrived for shooting, I invited her home for dinner along with the rest of the crew. I cooked an Indian meal for them. When she arrived, I fell on my knees in front of her and confessed I was a fan. Helen laughed, made me stand up, hugged me and said she also admired my work," Om said.
Om is simply bowled over by Mirren and is specially impressed by her generous spirit.
"She is such a great actress and so devoid of any vanity. I had a great time shooting with her. The one saving grace of my troubled life is that when I start to work I forget all my problems," he said.
As for his own experience during the shoot, Om said: "I was so happy to be here in Albi. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I’m very proud of what we achieved in this film. I think my country will be proud of me."
“That at my age I get such pivotal roles in international projects proves I must have done something right,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- If I was home, I'd definitely be voting: Priyanka Chopra
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's 'Tiger Zinda Hai' costumes REVEALED?
- Rangoon: Saif Ali Khan’s interview with ‘Shopkeeper’ Gaurav Gera is hilarious – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor looks exactly like young Sanjay Dutt in leaked PICS from the biopic!
- Toilet - Ek Prem Katha: New still featuring Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar out
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' promotions: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt take Jaipur by storm - Watch
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Jolly LL.B 2’: Film inching closer to Rs 100 crore mark!