Producers disappointed after Sam Mendes says no to next Bond
London: James Bond producer Barbara Broccoli says she is disappointed that Sam Mendes has decided not to return as a director for the next 007 movie after `Skyfall`.
The Oscar-winning filmmaker is credited with directing the most successful Bond movie with `Skyfall` earning USD 1.1 billion at the box office besides winning two Oscars last month, the Telegraph reported.
Broccoli said she and the franchise were "devastated that he decided not to do the next one."
"He`s done it ? he has made one of the most successful films ever. We hope that we will be able to get him back," she said while speaking at the South Bank Sky Arts Awards recently.
Mendes called directing `Skyfall` as "one of the best experiences of my professional life" but decided not to return for the franchise because of his theatre and other professional commitments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No one can replace Feroz Khan in 'Welcome' series: Nana
- Ajay Devgn vs Ranbir Kapoor: Expect fireworks on Diwali 2016
- Watch: Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar, John Abraham in crazy ‘Welcome Back’ trailer
- 'Inside Out' leaves behind 'Cars 2', 'Toy Story 3' in India
- Team 'ABCD 2' dances away into Rs100 crore club