Rooney Mara gets a make-over for `Dragon Tattoo`
Los Angeles: Actress Rooney Mara says she is happy to get rid of her feminine signature look for "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".
She underwent drastic transformation for her role as Lisbeth Salander and according to reports she will have to live with it till at least 2015.
"Before `Dragon Tattoo`, I dressed very much like girls. A lot of blush-colored things. Now I literally roll out of bed and put on whatever is there. I have really enjoyed being a boy this last year," she told US Vogue.
Mara also revealed that she was given a make-over by makeup artist Pat McGrath, costume designer Trish Summerville and hairstylist Danilo. McGrath created 26 different looks for her.
"We went from the white-powdered sick-clown makeup to stitches in the face all the way to greasy, bloody eyes. I instantly knew how I could make her character so different. And then once the hair was cut in that mad shape, I was like, Well, the eyebrows have got to go. And in the end, it would look now and it would look new,"said McGrath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- OMG! Zarina Wahab leaves house post Aditya Pancholi's name crops up in Kangana-Hrithik saga?
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Sussanne Khan clarifies on patching-up with Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!