Spirit Awards: `12 Years...` got five nods
Los Angeles: `12 Years A Slave` swept the Film Independent Spirit Awards by winning five trophies, including best feature.
The awards function was held here on Saturday.
Steve McQueen won the best director award for `12 Years A Slave`, while Lupita Nyong`o took home the best supporting actress trophy for the period drama, based on the memoirs of Solomon Northup, a free black man from New York, who is abducted and sold into slavery, reports eonline.com.
"Dallas Buyers Club" missed out on the best feature award, but actors Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto took the best actor and best supporting actor trophies respectively for the movie.
Actress Cate Blanchett bagged the best actress award for "Blue Jasmine".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunil Grover still part of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' faces wrath on social media after fallout with Sunil Grover?
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'
- Rajinikanth to essay 5 characters, Akshay Kumar to portray 12 avatars in '2.0'?
- Why Katappa killed Baahubali? Sathyaraj answers the question! - Watch
- Half Girlfriend: Shraddha Kapoor's sporty look grabs eyeballs in fresh still – See pic
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh’s ‘Phillauri’ picks up steam at the Box Office
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'Romeo Akbar Walter' posters unveiled!
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- 'Padmavati' controversy: Sanjay Leela Bhansali is keeping in mind public sentiments, says Shahid Kapoor