Spirit Awards: `12 Years...` got five nods
Los Angeles: `12 Years A Slave` swept the Film Independent Spirit Awards by winning five trophies, including best feature.
The awards function was held here on Saturday.
Steve McQueen won the best director award for `12 Years A Slave`, while Lupita Nyong`o took home the best supporting actress trophy for the period drama, based on the memoirs of Solomon Northup, a free black man from New York, who is abducted and sold into slavery, reports eonline.com.
"Dallas Buyers Club" missed out on the best feature award, but actors Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto took the best actor and best supporting actor trophies respectively for the movie.
Actress Cate Blanchett bagged the best actress award for "Blue Jasmine".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'