Stallone suggested Schwarzenegger`s name for `Escape Plan`
Los Angeles: Action stars Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger have teamed up for `Escape Plan` but not many know that it was `Rambo` star who suggested Arnold`s name as his co-lead in the movie.
Stallone had already worked with Schwarzenegger in the `Expendables`, needed someone who could match him both physically and in terms of star power.
While casting Schwarzenegger was part of the story, Stallone also wanted to direct the Terminator star and `Escape Plan`s director Michael Hafstrom was open to the suggestion.
"Sly is a terrific director, an unbelievable writer and a very good actor. He had an endless number of ideas about how each scene could be better and Mikael was open-minded enough to listen. He is a very strong director with a very clear vision of what the scene should be and a perfectionist who rehearsed and tweaked and reshaped things until they worked," Schwarzenegger said.
`Escape Plan` tells the story of a man who gets trapped in a high-security prison that he himself designed.
The film is distributed by PVR pictures in India, and is all set for release on October 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day
- Ranveer Singh and Karan Johar to work together! Details inside