This film is me growing up: Judd Apatow on `This is 40`
London: Producer-director Judd Apatow has said that his latest film `This is 40` represents the maturity in his filmmaking.
Apatow, who has previously had success with teen comedies like `Superbad`, `Freaks and Geeks` and `Undeclared`, tackles a married couple`s mid-life crisis in his most recent movie, reported Digital Spy online.
"I`m 44 years old. I`ve written about high school, college. But most of my life isn`t about that transition anymore. So it`s a challenge to explore other periods of your life. I still find nothing funnier than that period. That moment when you have to define yourself and grow up is hysterical because we`re all such a mess in that moment," Apatow said.
"That`s why there`ll always be a lot of movies and television about 15- to 25-year-olds `cause it`s when you make the most mistakes," he added.
`This Is 40` stars Apatow`s real-life wife Leslie Mann and their daughters along with friend Paul Rudd.
The film is now playing in the US and opens in the UK on February 14, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon to learn the culture, diction of UP for upcoming films!
- 'Moana' release date out!
- Box office report: Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo' fails to overpower Amitabh Bachchan's 'Pink'
- Katrina Kaif, Fawad Khan in winter romance in Karan Johar's next
- Five dialogues from Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' trailer that will definitely win your heart!