Tom Hardy to play Elton John in new biopic `Rocketman`
London: British actor Tom Hardy has been cast as Elton John in ` Rocketman `, a biopic based on the gay singer`s eventful life and music career.
According to Focus Features, the film is being backed by the `Candle in the Wind` hit maker as an executive producer and his husband David Furnish, Sky News reported.
The 66-year-old singer will also re-record some of his hit songs for the movie, which is being helmed by Michael Gracey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened: Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays