`Kalyug` fame Smilie Suri makes her TV debut
Mumbai: Smilie Suri, the female lead of 2005 film `Kalyug`, is all set to make her television debut with `Jodha Akbar` where she plays the character of Ruqaiya Begum, Akbar`s first wife.
Unfortunately, after being signed in for the Zee TV project, she fell ill and has been hospitalised with high fever.
Suri said she is anxious to get out of the hospital and start shooting for the period drama wherein she will appear on screen from eighth or ninth episode onwards.
"Over the last few years, I was offered TV shows, but I declined them. This one`s not a saas-bahu show and the role of Ruqaiya is also very different. It helps me break away from the girl-next-door image created by my `Kalyug` character," said the actress.
"The commute from Mumbai to Karjat for the shoot can be pretty taxing so I was in two minds initially but the character is not only interesting, it has different layers and substance. Ruqaiya is an important part of Akbar`s life. She was his best friend, almost like his mirror. I`m just waiting to get out of the hospital and begin shooting got the show," added Smilie Suri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Whoa! Priyanka Chopra dubs for Ms Marvel in 'Marvel Avengers'!
- Check out: Sonam Kapoor shares her favourite dialogue from 'Neerja'!
- Adele uses throwback picture to promote new single 'When We Were Young'
- Are you up for Sidharth-Alia-Fawad's 'Kapoor and Sons' tongue twister challenge?
- Amitabh Bachchan makes it big, rejoices 23 million Facebook followers!
- Woho! Kapil Sharma to be back with new show
- Salman Khan’s surprise visit stuns Katrina Kaif, ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’ team – Watch
- Miley Cyrus tapped as 'key adviser' for 'The Voice'
- When Salman Khan visited Katrina Kaif on the sets of ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’
- Krushna Abhishek breaks his silence on replacing Kapil Sharma