`Kalyug` fame Smilie Suri makes her TV debut
Mumbai: Smilie Suri, the female lead of 2005 film `Kalyug`, is all set to make her television debut with `Jodha Akbar` where she plays the character of Ruqaiya Begum, Akbar`s first wife.
Unfortunately, after being signed in for the Zee TV project, she fell ill and has been hospitalised with high fever.
Suri said she is anxious to get out of the hospital and start shooting for the period drama wherein she will appear on screen from eighth or ninth episode onwards.
"Over the last few years, I was offered TV shows, but I declined them. This one`s not a saas-bahu show and the role of Ruqaiya is also very different. It helps me break away from the girl-next-door image created by my `Kalyug` character," said the actress.
"The commute from Mumbai to Karjat for the shoot can be pretty taxing so I was in two minds initially but the character is not only interesting, it has different layers and substance. Ruqaiya is an important part of Akbar`s life. She was his best friend, almost like his mirror. I`m just waiting to get out of the hospital and begin shooting got the show," added Smilie Suri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Baaghi movie review: With hits and misses, Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor will keep you hooked throughout
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre
- WTH! 'The Kapil Sharma Show' to go off air soon?
- Shubhangi Atre gets nervous for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'!