`My motive in life is not just to make money`
New Delhi: Television actress Kamya Punjabi, popularly known as Sindoora of ‘Banoo Main Teri Dulhaan’, insists that her motive in life is not just to make money but to also do work that gives her satisfaction.
"My motive is not just to earn money. As an actor, I have always tried to play different roles which gives me satisfaction. This is the reason why I have been choosy about my work. I like to experiment with my roles," Kamya told reporters on phone from Mumbai.
Kamya is known as the scheming vamp of television for essaying negative roles in shows like "Reth", "Astitva...Ek Prem Kahani" and "Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki". Her character as Sindoora Singh in "Banoo Main...." won her the Indian telly Award for best actor in a negative role.
However, she has also played positive roles in "Piya Ka Ghar" and "Kyun Hota Hai Pyaar". She was also seen doing stand-up comedy in "Comedy Circus".
Last seen in "Jeet Jayenge Hum", Kamya has returned to the small screen with Star Plus` new show "Maryaada", where she plays the role of Uttara. The show portrays the life of four women, whose lives are full of trials and tribulations, lies, deceit and betrayal.
"This is the kind of role I have never done before. I play Uttara. She is young, lively, innocent but at the same time upset with her life. Her husband doesn`t treat her well. This show is different from the typical saas-bahu sagas where the mother-in-law is constantly torturing her daughter-in-law.
"I hate crying but this is a show where I am actually enjoying shedding tears because the concept is so appealing," she added.
Kamya is married to assistant director of Vishesh Film Bunty Negi and is mother to one-year-old daughter Aarah.
So how does she balances her work and personal life?
"I have always balanced my personal and professional life. It is true that it becomes difficult with such a young child but my mother will be taking care of her," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!
- No artist has left 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah' since inception: Asit Kumarr Modi
- Would love to work with Mouni Roy again: Mohit Raina
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre